My first trip to NY!

On Fathers Day, Richard and I flew to NY and stayed a few days. It was my FIRST time EVER!!!! My goals were to see my friends Niki, Heather, Yuki and Jesenia! AND I wanted to see the statue of Liberty, go on the Sex in the City Tour, see Moma, Little Italy, have breakfast at The Plaza, see Central Park, Times Square where the new Years Ball drops, the 9-11 site, Bronx Zoo, etc etc etc!

We arrived sunday night, child-less, and got into out hotel past midnight! At 1:30am we were walking around Times Square trying to find dinner! And decided on The Papaya Dog for Philly Cheesesteaks mmmmm! The next morning came ALL too soon, and my friend Niki and her hubby and kids were on their way to see me from New jersey! She and I were pregnant at the same time 3, almost 4 yrs ago! I wasnt prepared for the weather in NY clothing wise and even WORSE, when I stepped outside and looked around NO1 was wearing heels like Sarah Jessica Parker! They were wearing comfortable shoes and MOSTLY flip flops! FLIP FLOPS IN NYC!!! And I didnt see couture, or flashy. I saw regular people! I never couldve imagined NY was like that! I was so overdressed! Niki and hubby n kids let me run and change my shoes and the kids wanted to go to the Coney Island aquarium! I felt so guilty NOT going with my kids, what a bad Mommy! But we DID have kids with us, and Eddie pointed out all the sights for me...I saw Brooklyn, Coney Island, the 9-11 site, Statue of Liberty, too many famous bldgs to name! They gave me a royal tour, and their two babies were seriously the best behaved, most PATIENT kids Ive ever MET! ANGELS! I love those kids! Niki is a phenomenal mother and Eddie and she are soo perfect together! It was really sweet, and soo neat to see them FINALLY! Im soo grateful they were willing to go through all of that for me. how freaking sweet!
I got back to the motel that night, and we decided to go to D'Nico's in Little Italy! OMG! BEST FOOD EVERRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!! And in TRUE form, I met the people at the table next to us, and made fast friends! The lady is a Jazz Singer and her husband (Marshall Woods) is the bass player for Tony Bennet! She was sooo down to Eath and warm hearted and enlightened, i absolutely LOVED her! Before she left she hugged and kissed my cheeks and gave me all of her contact info. What a compliment! This day completely could NEVER be duplicated or topped!!

Comments

Popular Posts